It is possible to apply for a travel grant from the The International Association for Hospice & Palliative Care (IAHPC). The following criteria applies:
Applications should be received at least 3 months in advance of your expected travel and meeting.
This program offers funding for travel and registration only. You need to secure funding from other sources to cover additional expenses.
Applicants from all disciplines working in palliative care are welcomed. In order to apply for a traveling scholarship grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently living in a developing country and actively working in palliative care
- Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past 3 years
- Be current IAHPC members. Individuals who wish to join may do so, through our website.
- Preference will be given to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Are at least 50% dedicated to palliative care in their current work
- Graduated less than 10 years ago from specialty or medical school
- Have an accepted abstract for poster / oral presentation
Preference will be given to applications which describe long term goals and lead to improvements in any or all the following areas: service provision, education, availability and access to medicines, and public policy.